Carousel 6 Plus Reaction Station
The patented Carousel 6 Plus simultaneously heats, stirs and refluxes multiple samples under an inert atmosphere.
Accepts round bottom flasks including: 5-ml, 10-ml, 25-ml, 50-ml, 100-ml, 170-ml and 250-ml sizes.
- Powerful, even stirring - fits on to a Carousel stirring hotplate.
- Rapid heating to 180 ˚C.
- Quick to set-up and easy to use.
- Water-cooled reflux head.
- Perform reactions under an inert atmosphere.
- Easy viewing of flask contents during experiments.
- 250 ml Azeotropic (Dean & Stark) flask option.
- PTFE caps feature a 'quick-thread' for fast attachment to flasks.
Rapid heating and efficient refluxing
- Innovative well design for improved heat transfer and reduced temperature variation.
- Circular, solid aluminium base transmits heat rapidly and evenly to all positions.
- Boils six flasks of water in less than 25 minutes.
- PTFE heat protection ring helps protect user from accidental contact with hot base.
- Removable aluminium inserts in reflux head allow easy removal of flasks, yet maintain good heat transfer for refluxing.
- Acetal quick-release valved couplings on the side of reflux head allow disconnection of cooling water without loss of water.
- Acetal quick-release coupling on top of the reflux head facilitates supply of inert gas orvacuum.
Easy-On PTFE caps
Chemically-resistant PTFE the caps are attached to the reaction tube using a quick-thread and feature an Easy-On push connection to the radial gas system. The caps include an on/off valve for isolation and removal from the inert gas system. A replaceable silicone Suba-Seal septum allows the addition or removal of samples or reagents from the tube.
Reactions flasks are available in a wide range of styles.
- Precision engineered, round bottom design ensures an excellent fit with the Carousel's wells, maximising heat transfer.
- Flasks feature a central B24/B29 Rodaviss joint for connection to the reflux tube.
- Standard flasks - Choice of sizes: 5-ml, 10-ml, 25-ml, 50-ml, 100-ml, 170-ml and 250-ml.
- Standard flasks with sidearms - available with B14/23 and B24/29 sidearm options and include Rodaviss caps and sealing septa.
- Azeotropic flasks (Dean and Stark) - Unique, single piece flasks fit directly into the Carousel 6 Plus, allowing chemists to perform up to six azeotropic processes in parallel.
- Wide neck flasks with quick coupling - allow easier removal of viscous or solid samples and facilitate the use of the anchor and propeller style PTFE stirrer blade options (Tornado).
- Feature a 50mm ID flat flange with a Nitrile o-ring, and our unique self-centering PTFE collar to offer a leak-tight seal between the glass flask and wide neck reflux tube.
- Wide neck flasks with sidearms - either one or two sidearms. Ideal for attaching dropping funnels or powder funnels.
- Wide neck flasks with baffles and sidearms - improve the turbulence within the flask by disrupting the creation of a central vortex. Baffled flasks are recommended for use with stirrer paddles for maximum effect.
Liquid and solid addition funnels
- Choice of 50ml liquid additions dropping funnels with B14/23 or B24/29 Rodaviss joints.
- The dropping funnels are ideal for the controlled addition of larger volumes of reagent directly into the reaction flask. Funnels feature a drip cone and pressure equalising arm for ease of addition.
- Choice of solid additions funnel with B14/23 or B24/29 Rodaviss joints; ideal for the addition of powders or solids into the reaction flask.