Use a single overhead stirrer to stir up to six round bottom flasks from 50 ml to 250 ml simultaneously. Increase your stirring productivity by up to 600 %.
The Tornado allows powerful, controlled mechanical stirring of round bottom flasks with the Carousel 6 Reaction Station; offering unrivalled stirring for both viscous samples and for the dispersion of delicate solids in solution.
- Integrates with Carousel 6 to provide heated and stirred reactions.
- Rapid heating to 180 ˚C, with water cooled reflux head.
- Perform reactions under an inert atmosphere.
- Accepts 50-ml, 100-ml and 250-ml round bottom flasks.
- Uses a single overhead stirrer - save space and money compared with multiple set-ups.
- Compatible with all leading brands of overhead stirrer.
- 2-speed drive allows overhead stirrers with less torque to be used for higher viscosities.
- Stir to 1,000 rpm in low viscosity
- Max. viscosity 10,000 mPas at 500 rpm.
Choice of flask sizes and styles; with wide neck option
Wide neck flasks allow easier removal of viscous and solid samples and the use of larger stirrer blades. Baffles also improve stirring by disrupting the creation of a vortex.
In order to purchase the displayed setup a series of part numbers must be ordered, there is no single part number.
- Carousel 6 Plus Reaction Station
- Tornado OH Stirrer Station
- Stand which includes base and support rods
To customize Tornado for your application choose the below accessories which you require. For ordering assistance contact your Heidoph Application Specialist.
- Heidolph magnetic stirring hotplate
- Choose a temperature controller (based on which hotplate chosen)
- Additional rod and extension to attach the controller to (varies with type of controller)
- Reflux Tubes
- Wide neck flasks
- Tubing if hooking up to inert gas
- Silicone seals for PTFE caps
- Stirrer Shafts (6 required, 1 for each flask)
- Heidolph overhead stirrer